Monday 6 February 2012

Contents page, research & planning and draft




There are two contents pages I got of the Internet (google images) to help me have a better idea of how they can be layed out. Their are so many different contents pages, there isn't actually a pacific way to design them. Therefore I'm going to design it my own way. These gave me a few ideas.




This example of a contents page went wrong. After feedback tells me it has nothing to do with my genre and looks very childish. I just decided to have a play about and see how the software worked etc.

Contents page: hand drawn draft.



Contents page: hand drawn draft.


Looking at examples on the Internet and previous magazine such as
 NME, KERRANG, XXL. I took a few ideas I liked and decided to do my own. 

Contents page: hand drawn draft.


For my contents page I will show the artists which are featuring in the magazine. Like most music magazine do so, and what pages they will be featured on, which is similar to the contents page about, I find this really effective because it gives us a good brief of what we are going to be reading. If we don't like the bands/singers featuring in the magazine, then we will not read it - simple. It also allows you to search for the ones you do like and be able to cut the magazine to read about them. The rest of the contents page will consist in whats actually in the magazine, for example; life stories; number one singles; tours in their area (UK); singer's life stories and main stories which are featured on the front cover, as well as images relating to the main image from the front cover.



My Draft Contents page:

No comments:

Post a Comment